Friday, March 21, 2014

Family Happenings

Time to catch up on our everyday lives for our family and friends! Last week Thursday Justin's Auntie Linn came into town for a few days. She gave Caden a really cool car that lights up, drives around, and makes crashing noises. Gabe loved it and got super excited every time it came near him! It was so funny.

Adam and Kirsten joined us all for dinner out. I was recovering from being sick, so I shared a small meal with Caden. The next day Kirsten and Auntie Linn hung out with us while the boys worked, and we went to a friend's house for a Pi Day lunch. I took it easy since I knew my tummy was still sensitive. Kirsten left for work, and while the boys napped, Auntie Linn and I watched Mamma Mia!


That evening, Justin, the kids, and I went back to the Pi Day party for dinner. I was really hungry and ate quickly. Although I didn't eat a lot, my tummy was still not ready to digest greasy, sugary foods, because that night I threw it all up. At least this time it didn't last all night long like the first night I was sick.

Being silly while getting ready to go.

Saturday afternoon, Auntie Linn took the boys toy shopping at Target, courtesy of Great Grandma Amelia. (Auntie Linn had also done her own shopping before and bought Gabe the electronic snail toy in the photo below so that he wouldn't chase after Caden's car.) Caden picked MegaBloks, and Gabe got a small musical toy Caden used to have as a baby too. It's the Baby Einstein one that plays classical music and lights up, great for road trips.


We opted out of eating out with the family since I had thrown up again. The next morning Auntie Linn flew home.


Caden playing with Gabe's toy and vice versa.

This weekend Justin is in New York for a final job interview. Since I have the car, we went to the park and library yesterday and the zoo today with Caden's friend Lily (and her mom too).

The tortoise was walking right up to Caden!








Justin comes home tomorrow. I'm not sure when we get the verdict on the job, but I promise to let you know as soon as we do!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...