Friday, March 14, 2014

Best Natural Medicines for Kids & Babies

Our family has been through the ringer with various illnesses lately, so I'd like to share with you my favorite natural remedies:

Similasan Kids Cold & Mucus Relief 


This homeopathic cough medicine really works! My husband and I use it when we are sick too. Its natural sweetness, similar to maple syrup in taste, makes it easy for kids to swallow. Here is a $1-off coupon if you want to try it.

Hyland's Teething Tablets


I love how easily these tablets dissolve. No time for Baby to spit them out! I much prefer giving this homeopathic teething medicine than Tylenol to my baby. Other helpful natural remedies for teething are amber necklaces (which I have a giveaway for right now), wooden teething rings, cold teething rings, and cold, wet washcloths.

Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water & The Windi


I got this natural gas-relief medicine in a giveaway package I won. I have only used it once on Baby, but it helped him with some constipation.


We also used FridaBaby's The Windi, an anal catheter that helps release gas. 

Coconut Oil


Ever since I stopped using Johnson & Johnson products on Caden and switched to BabyGanics soap and coconut oil, Caden's skin has improved greatly. Gabriel had dry, flaky skin behind his ears, and the coconut oil cleared that right up too. The brand I like, Nutiva, can be found at Costco. Otherwise, the best deal is to get the $10-off coupon on their Facebook page and order the 54-oz. container to also qualify for free shipping.

Apple Cider Vinegar


I just got over some food poisoning. While a friend was here helping me, she told me to take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (diluted in water) to settle my stomach. It relieved my intestinal cramps and stopped things on that end. I think this is going to become a staple in our household because someone always has tummy troubles.

What are your favorite natural medicines?

1 comments:

DAD said...

mothers are t
he best natural remedies for babies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...