Wednesday, March 12, 2014

5 Trends I've Always Loved

As I said in a previous post, I'm more of a classic-style woman than a trendy one. But there are some current trends I have always loved:

1. Retro Secretary

vintage dress from Yessiree Petunia

I love classic fashions that never go out of style, like blouses, A-line skirts, heels, bows, and pearls. Accessories and colors may change with every decade, but the basics never do because they are so beautiful and flattering! (I actually bought the above dress!)

2. Minimalism

Catabot

I live by "less is more." Just check out my lack of home decor, simple jewelry, and (maybe too) plain wardrobe. I love the clean look of empty space and the focus put on one simple standout piece.

3. Nautical

My current diaper bag, ordered on Zulily

I love red, white, and navy; anchors, helms, and sailboats; crabs, starfish, and other sea life. I got if from my mom, who loved getting us little sailor outfits as children, and my dad, who took me to Sea World every year.

4. Word Art

Queen & Eye Prints

As a word nerd and bookworm, I love anything to do with words. I'm very excited to see the Etsy marketplace and blogging world saturated with typography and subway art.

5. Upcycling

t-shirt bracelets by LimeGreenLemon

I have always been the queen of finding new uses for things and making new things out of junk. But artists these days have found better, sell-able ways to do it. I wish I were that cool.

What trends have you always loved?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...