Monday, September 23, 2013

Five Week Baby Update

Today Gabe is 5 weeks old. It feels like I gave birth to him forever ago. He has grown so much! At his two-week appointment he gained nearly a pound. By now he's probably well over 9 lbs. Gabe's really long too. I love the little rolls on his legs! Caden was scrawny.


He loves being in our arms or on our chests. He almost always falls asleep right away in the Baby K'tan. We also bought a carrier for Justin, and Gabe fell asleep in it too. I'm excited for this carrier because it can carry Caden too, and I want to go hiking as a family once the weather cools down and we get back in shape.



Gabe sleeps a lot, but not for long stretches of time. The most he's ever slept at once was 3 1/2 hours; usually it's about 2 hours. Most of the time he wakes up from a wet diaper, though he can sleep through a dirty one. I won't let him, which means more waking up for both of us. Right now I think he's going through a growth spurt because he wants to nurse nearly every hour! This means little sleep between him waking up from hunger and lots of wet and dirty diapers from nursing so much.
 

Unlike Caden, Gabe will take a pacifier, though not all the time. He's still learning how to keep it in his mouth and gets really angry when it falls out.


During the day he is awake for longer periods of time, but is only a little less grumpy. I love the moments when he is content and listens to me talking to him. He loves the sound of running water too (but otherwise is not too fond of bath time).

I forgot how much attention a newborn requires. On the one hand, I'm enjoying holding such a small, snuggly baby. On the other, I can't wait for him to get a little older so he sleeps longer and is more fun to play with!

1 comments:

DAD said...

most beautiful baby of 2013 and I love him so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...