Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Surprise on My Window Ledge

Last year at our old house we had a bird's nest in our backyard. Although we have moved to an apartment, the same thing has happened. On the window ledge right next to the computer there is a bird's nest. A couple of birds have been there ever since we moved in. I hate them. They are loud and fight a lot and are very dirty. Our back porch and windows are covered in bird poo and feathers. I've had fantasies of destroying that nest, but there is no way to do it since we are on the third floor. Then a few days ago I saw eggs in the nest! Now I have to let them stay.

The mother is off camera to the left watching me warily.

Caden loves looking at them and saying, "Eggs nest!" (though it sounds more like "ates ness"). I can't wait for them to hatch! I never wrote about it, but the other ones I got to watch learn how to fly. It would be neat to see again!

4 comments:

Francine said...

How exciting! That will be a really fun thing for Caden to watch too.

Pamela Bates said...

I'd glady swap places! love our backyard birds! though sometimes they can most definitely be noisy. how fun for your little to watch when it's time for hatching!

Stephanie said...

Hi, I am a new follower by way of 2justByou Blog.

Cool nest .... you and your son will have fun watching the baby birds grow!

DAD said...

doity stinkin boids - the producers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...