Tuesday, May 29, 2012

25

Sunday was my 25th birthday. This year it snuck up on me, like two years ago when I was pregnant and focusing on the coming baby. I used to get so excited when my birthday was coming because in my family birthdays are huge. Everyone makes a big fuss. You get spoiled: no chores, whatever you want to do, whatever you want for dinner, family party, friends party (when we were younger), presents, the whole works. You really feel special on your birthday. I missed it when I went off to college.

Anyway, since it was Sunday we didn't do anything special, but it was a good day. Justin curled my hair with the hair straightener he got me a couple months ago as an early birthday present. I got a lot of compliments on it.


Caden behaved decently at church and stayed in Nursery the whole time! Justin took him, stayed for 10 minutes, then left, and Caden didn't cry at all. I hope it wasn't a one-time thing! After church we just hung out. We played some board games and watched VeggieTales with Caden. I talked to my family on the phone and on Skype. Adam and Kirsten came over and we had ice cream and played Imaginiff. Kirsten got me more Cricut mats.


Monday Justin and I saw Mirror Mirror at the dollar theater. It was entertaining but certainly weird. Then we had lunch at Kona Grill, my parents' gift. The food was delicious.


When we got home, Kirsten surprised me with a small party. I've never had a surprise party before!


The theme was cupcakes, my favorite dessert. I blew out 5 sparkling candles on an Oreo cupcake.



We chatted and played Catch Phrase.


Justin and I ended the day with America's Got Talent and American Ninja Warrior. Not a bad birthday at all.

1 comments:

DAD said...

I love you so much - I cannot wait to see you again in 3 weeks-DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...