Saturday, March 24, 2012

In the Leafy Treetops--Or Under My Porch Awning

Several months ago I noticed a bird nest under the back porch awning. I never saw a bird in it. Then a few weeks ago I noticed another nest next to the first! But still no bird.


Then a couple days ago when we were outside, I noticed a bird flying around my house, the neighbors' houses, and my yard. Whenever we were far from the awning it would get close, and vice versa. It finally clicked that this bird was the owner of the nest(s) and that I probably hadn't realized until now since we only started playing out back recently.

I saw the bird resting in the nest from inside, but whenever I tried taking a picture, it would fly away.


It took me numerous tries to get a closer photo. This is as close as I could get. Does anyone know what kind of bird it is?


I wonder if there are eggs or chicks in the nest? I can't tell and I don't want to get too close.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...