Friday, October 21, 2011

Cheap & Easy Penguin Costume

One Halloween night in high school I was going to a party but had no idea what to wear. I didn't want to wear a costume I had worn before. I browsed through my dismal closet and saw my old tuxedo shirt from middle-school band. An idea hit me: I could make a penguin costume! Here is what I did:

  1. Wear a tuxedo or white button-up shirt, a bowtie, black pants, black shoes, and a black sweater or blazer.
  2. Paint your forehead and nose black. Paint the rest of your face white.
  3. Cut out penguin feet from yellow construction paper and tape them to the top of your shoes.
  4. Use the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper to make the beak. Glue yellow construction paper to the tube.
  5. Flatten in and cut out a triangle, starting at an open end. Cut through both sides but not all the way to the other open end so that it stays intact.
  6. Keep the beak in place with string or elastic.
  7. To be Tacky the Penguin, wear sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...