Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's the Word

Some words about mothers, from the book The "Official" Mom Book by Martha Bolton:

There was never a great man who had not a great mother.
~Oliver Schreiner

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

There is no velvet so soft as a mother's lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.
~Archibald Thompson

Mother's arms are made of tenderness,
And sweet sleep blesses the child who lies therein.
~Victor Hugo

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
~George Eliot

An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
~Spanish proverb

My mother is a woman who speaks with her life as much as her tongue.
~Kesaya E. Noder

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln

1 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Great quotes Cheski. Sorry I have been MIA lately. Happy Belated Mother's day.

If my life and attitude could represent the quote above by Kesaya Noder, I would be a fulfilled and happy lady. I love that quote. It's a good one to attempt to live up to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...